Friday, April 24, 2009

Freebie Friday: I Heart Earth Day!

Spring is finally here!! The tulips are opening, the sun is shining and . . .it's . . .FRIDAY!! And not just any Friday, the last Friday of the month. . .the last Friday of the month AND it's Earth Week!! Woo! So let's celebrate and give something away shall we??


In honor of the aforementioned Earth Week, BB Jean is giving away a delightful, 100% organic cotton tote bag featuring the endearing phrase "I heart to recycle" from Nordstrom! It's durable enough to hold a bagful of books, roomy enough to carry quite a few trinkets, but moderately sized so you won't feel like you'll be swallowed whole by your tote bag.
Take it along to the farmer's market and stock it with goodies, use it for a sightseeing daytrip, or just strut around town with it on your shoulder!

How do you win this fabulous item? Leave a comment on today's post telling me your favorite way to go green! One winner will be chosen randomly next Friday!

Freebie Q&A:

Q: Can I post anonymously?

A: YES. . . .BUT you need to send me an email repeating your comment and have your name and email in it so I know who you are in case you win!

Q: If I won last month, can I enter this month?

A: Sure!

Q: Will you use my info and send it to other vendors?

A: Eh, I'm not a fan of having my privacy invaded so no, your info will only be used to contact you in the event that you win.

Q: What determines the freebies that are given away?

A: I always try to pick local goodies first, if it isn't local I try to keep it eco-friendly.

2 comments:

  1. Two Christmas seasons ago - my middle kiddo Eli came home from school (he was in 1st grade) and was really upset after learning that so many trees get chopped down for people to drag them into their homes every winter so they can decorate them and then they die - so we decided we would make our tree out of used plastic bottles and cans from our recycle bin and a wooden dowel. Thankfully we are sprite and mt. dew drinkers so they were all green too!

    It was a great family project - all 3 kids were able to help make the tree and we found a way to not only save one less tree from being killed - but we were able to recycle it afterward :)

    Of course it looked somewhat ridiculous but it made the kids happy - so that's all that mattered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy but fun idea! And it sounds like it was a success :) Thanks for sharing, Jen!

    ReplyDelete