Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting to Know: Josh Durias Photography-BB Jean Events Bellingham Wedding Planning

I can't believe how fast winter flew by and how quickly spring arrived! Finally getting around to updating my poor blog has been made a priority and I'm glad to get back into the swing of things with a new vendor spotlight! And on top of that, weddings are starting oh so soon and this summer has been keeping BB Jean busy with some incredible themes and ideas that we're so excited to work on (swing dancing, octopi, paella, oh my!). So while I keep you in suspense for what I'm sure will be some awesome wedding photos from the summer to come, I'd like to introduce you to Josh Durias Photography:

Bellingham is full of some pretty awesome wedding photographers, and I had the pleasure of getting to know another one! Josh of Josh Durias Photography is a fun guy in his second season of shooting weddings and is quickly gaining a following partly due to his clean, fresh style of capturing images, and partly due to his fun personality that brings out the best in his clients.

Why did you start Josh Durias Photography?

Story telling has always been a major part of my family. Growing up, every holiday, birthday or weekend (practically), we'd have people over to our home to share a meal. While the kids ran around the house, the parents would sit around and tell stories-that ranged from reminiscing about old times in the Phillippines to the funny things their kids are doing. Stories were always at the center of our relationships.
I think that with story-telling as a starting point, stepping into the 'business' of photography was natural. To have the job that entails getting to know people and tell their stories visually is perfect.

Why do you love shooting weddings?

Besides the fact that weddings as an event are mostly aesthetically awesome. Being married and having two kids, shooting weddings are a great reminder of how things started for my own family.

What are your favorite types of clients?

Happy ones :)

What do you wish people knew about wedding phtoography, but don't?

I think that people need to know that when hiring a photographer, they are not only getting photos, they're getting the photographer. I think that it is important to find someone that as reliable as they are comfortable to be around. The best compliment I was given was when I had a couple tell me that they "felt like I was on the guest list of the wedding".





For more information, give Josh a call at 360-961-7217 or visit his website!

2 comments: